It was not that difficult afterall.I gave him up!However,his smile will never be forgotten.Well,it was not too bad not crushing on him.At least we can still be friends.I finally was not crushing on him anymore.Or you could say,I AM crushing on him,but I do not let it show.Anyways,I am comfortable with it.
A year passed by in a split second.I was going to a different class as Gabriel.I did not know whether it was good news or bad news.I was quite bummed about it though.I do not really want to go to a different class as him.But there was no choice.Bye,Gabriel,I told myself.
It felt weird not having him around.But I made new friends together with Alyssa.Gabriel and I were starting not to hang out together anymore.He even changed his mobile phone number without informing me,causing me to send out some wasted SMSes.He seldom go online on the Messenger Online Net too.So there.I watched the distance between Gabriel and me increase itself.
I felt infuriated and disappointed.After one whole year of friendship,how could Gabriel completely ignore,or even forget me?Fine!Who needs him now that I have my besties here with me?I do not!I can do without him!I must forget that bastard,I told myself.
Unfortunately,as time flies by,the more I wanted to forget him,the more I thought of him.It was frustrating and I simply could not stop thinking about it.Now I wanted to hang out with him again,and do the things we did together last year.No no no.How could I?How could I even think about that bastard?How could I be missing him when in his mind,there already was not a person called Gladys?But I could not resist the temptation to talk to him.I will just talk to him.Nothing more than that,I vowed to myself.
Four months passed by like an aeroplace.It took some while for us to go online on Messenger Online Net.Finally,the precious moment came.
GlaDDDDDys: hello!=)
gaybrer: hi.
GlaDDDDDys: it's been a while since we last talk.
gaybrer: true.
GlaDDDDDys: so.....how's life?doing fine?
gaybrer: yeah,of course.
gaybrer: =)
gaybrer: how 'bout you?
GlaDDDDDys: same.life's great!
No,it is not.Not at all,I thought to myself.We talked about the normal stuffs like school life and each other.If only....If only I did not go on any further to talk about....liking him.If only.....If only the word 'if' did not exist!
GlaDDDDDys: hey.uh,i think......i am still a little fond of you.
gaybrer: uh..................you're joking.
GlaDDDDDys: no....i totally wasn't.it was true.i thought i wouldn't fall for you again.sigh,little did i know.
gaybrer: oh.
There was silence for some long minutes.After that,there was really nothing to talk to him about.Sigh,what should I do now?He was surprised,but did not say he like me.Game over,Gladys.Give him up!He does not like you!Game over,game over,game over.....I felt tears stinging behind my eyes and I blinked it away before it could blur my vision.I switched off the computer and headed to my room.Once inside,I threw myself to my ruby chair.Then,with my head buried in my hands,I sobbed my heart out.Is this the end?Is the end of our friendship and relationship?It this going to end just like that?I shook my head in denial.Why?Why must it be the end of Gabriel and my friendship?I would rather give up my friendship with Alyssa than with him.No!!!I could not.Alyssa is my good friend.Then what about Gabriel?More tears leaked out from my eyes.
Just then.the ringtone of my handphone sounded."Hello?"I sniffled.It was a familiar voice.Specification?The voice I had not and longed to hear for the past four months."Gladys?It's me.I guess it's hard to say....What I mean is,I guess I am kind of fond of you too.Actually,I have been fond of you around the start of this year.But since we were in the different class,I guess we would not be able to hang out so often and so I decided to forget you.Until you talk to me just now,I did not realise you are actually....still thinking I am so charming!"Chuckling,I felt tenses and muscles easing.He is back.Gabriel is back.We are back.So back!He continued,"That is why I did not gave you my new mobile phone number.Really sorry,Gladys.Anyway,I've got to hang up now.Talk to you soon some other day."
He like me!He is fond of me!We are fond of each other!I could not believe whatever is going on between us.What happened exactly?How did it happen?Totally bewildering.Anyway,it was really amazing how fast we confessed to each other.Maybe it was going a little too fast a pace.But I could not care less about that.I was glad enough that we could hang out together soon!
Gabriel finally messaged me after long awaited days.It read,"Hey,let's meet out this sunday at the same place.you're free,right?i guess we have to keep up with each other.as in,know each other a little more better before we go into a relationship,okay?"I smiled broadly.Cool!I was glad he was not anxious to get into a relationship too soon.It would be really ideal to do it his way.
I grew a bigger liking on him.I wanted to thank him,for giving me a chance to let me love him again.I will never let him go again!I promised myself to never let go of this good chance.In a blink of an eye,Sunday was over.Tuesday!It would be the ever FIRST date!First date with Gabriel!I could not help feeling nervous and anticipated.You can also say I could not wait!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment