Right.I think I made things worse.Why did not he gave me at least a reply?Why did he just give me a smile and left?Does that mean he like me or not?Now what?I scratched my head before hitting my head on my pillow.I was feeling a little dread to see Gabriel again.I felt kind of embarrassed and disappointed at his reaction.What was that all about?What did he mean by that?Sigh....
I must have been spending the whole night thinking about him now that I was almost deadbeat.Yawning,I made myself to the living room.Oh great.6.18 a.m.I have got to get ready for school.I was bleary-eyed.I could give anything to skip school and go back to sleep.And of course,to avoid seeing Gabriel.But no,I could not.Today was the presentation of the 'Dylexsia' project.I skipped breakfast and dashed to school.I did not want to be late.
Once I stepped into the classroom,I saw Gabriel smiling at me.I looked at my feet and I could feel my cheeks turning red instantly.Here goes,dreaded moment.I sat down at my desk at the same the time he turned his body around to talk to me."Urm....about yesterday...."He began.I sighed a huge sigh and looked away."Were you serious?"He continued.I turned to him and just mumbled,"I don't want to talk about it."He nodded his head and faced the whiteboard just as Mrs Ballington walked in.
I kept running through the scenario that happened yesterday in my mind.I did not paid much attention in class.Why did I just blurt out everything to him yesterday?That was a big mistake!I know not how to face him now.One word to describe my emotion:Confused.What should I do?Put this thing aside,and pay attention to what Mrs Ballington is talking about,maybe.
I did not talk to Gabriel for the past four hours.For the first time,I did not feel the urge to talk to him.Maybe that was because of......."Ring!!!"The school bell rang.A group of girls leapt from their seats and dashed out of the classroom in the next second,followed by some other pupils.I packed my backpack and was about to leave when Gabriel caught my attention.He was looking at me with his innocent eyes this time,as though he wanted to know what was wrong.
"Sorry,Gabriel.I....I didn't meant what I said yesterday."I told him.Then I let out a sigh of relief.I bit my lip while waiting for his response,hoping he would believe me.He gave me a puzzled look."Uh,I kind of don't buy that."He simply answered."Fine if you do not,"I stammered,and left in a hurry.I could picture his confused eyes as he see me leaving.
I sauntered home.He did not followed me.What have you done?Why were you so irritated?He did not do anything wrong,did he?Why do you have to shout at him?I was starting to feel annoyed at myself.I wanted to say sorry to him,and take back my words.But time could not rewind.Towards the end of the day,I began to realised I had over-reacted.I confessed to him,and then he smiled,and left,I recalled,for probably the 50th time."Sorry Gabriel."I mumbled.My eyelids gradually came down and I was asleep in the midst of the revision for chemistry.
"Look,Gabriel.I am so sorry about yesterday.And the day before."I started.He nodded,but did not speak."I guess....I should not have said all that...."I told him.He turned to me,and nodded slightly.There was silence for a few seconds."I guess I was a little uncomfortable about what you told me that day.You know,when you told me you like me and all,"was what he said.I tried hard not to blush.I wondered how and what I should answer next."Maybe because...I treated you only as a friend,not THAT way,you know?And I am surprised at how much charm I possess."He laughed."I had to laugh at that too."Well,you are really charming,so as to speak."I confessed.He smiled again.Thanks,Gabriel,I will never ever forget that smile."And uh....so sorry for making you 'feel uncomfortable'.I will try to get over you,deal?"Gabriel nodded at what I said."Thanks,I know we will still be good as friends,"he mouthed.
Problem solved.I have to get over him.But,I guess it would not be so easy to.As people say,"Easier said than done." I could not agree more.But I would have to just give it a try.Though I do not really know how to start.Well,at least we can still remain as friends.At least we can still be comfortable with each other.And little did I know.......at least there is a possibility of a next time.....a next time of falling in love with him again.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment