Monday, December 8, 2008

#07

I hung up.My mouth agape,I could not believe what Gabriel has just told me."I have to leave you,Gladys,even though I do not want to.Please forgive me.Let's meet up for the very last time."NO NO NO!This is not happening,he must be lying.Gabriel must be lying!He must be having something up his sleeve.Some big surprise.If he thinks he is scaring me by saying he is leaving,he is SO wrong.But still,I could not help being worried.The sadness in his voice as he said the dreadful words....How could he be possibly be lying?Tears leaked out of my eyes.They streamed down like the speed of lightning down my cheeks when I bit my lips to stop it from flowing down.I swept away the tears with the back of my hand.

I proceeded to the bathroom and wash my face with water.After feeling refresh,I look at myself in the mirror to make sure I look fine.Then I glanced down at my watch.It was 2.20 pm in the afternoon.Although I had time to put a little make-up before going off,I just dashed out of the house without bading goodbye to my mother,who was cooking in the kitchen.

With all my might,I raced to the bus-stop to catch the bus that was about to leave.Soon I reached the beach.It was only 2.45 pm.I strolled towards the seashore.This is where Gabriel and I shared a memorable time.I swallowed hard on my saliva to prevent from crying again.I really wonder if Gabriel was honest about what he had said earlier on.I just wanted to know the truth.I still have some more time to kill.I threw some stones into the wide sea as though i was venting my anger.What if what Gabriel said was true?What if he really was going to leave me-for good?I sniffed as I threw more stones into the sea.

"Hey girl!You are not supposed to do that!"I jumped at that instance,but soon processed the familiar voice in my head.I smiled,and turned around to see my Gabriel.Or perhaps,my soon-gone-Gabriel.I frowned and some tears rained down at the thought of that."Hey!Why are you crying?"He grabbed my arms and pulled me towards him.I cried in his shoulders.I just could not help myself from thinking that he is going to leave me-forever.I choked between my words,"Tell me the truth.Are you really going to leave me?"He smiled and probed,"Oh,how could I possibly bear to leave my love one?"

He grabbed my hand.We walked towards a bench where the there were lesser people.Then he looked at me with serious eyes."But then again,I still will have to leave you."As he finished,I heard a sniffle,and his eyes became teary.It was the first time I ever see him cry."I don't want to leave you yet,Gladys.I am not ready to,"he continued."How could we just spend one day together and that's it,the end?I still want to spend the rest of my lifetime with you."He added.I replied,"Me too.I never loved anyone as much as I did for you.I really do not want to leave you!I cannot bear to!"I began to sob more.

"Look Gladys,don't cry over me anymore from tomorrow onwards,"Gabriel said, as though he understood everything at once."I'm sure you'll meet some other guy that is better than me.I'm not....""No!I want you,and only you!Nobody else can replace you in my heart!"I interrupted.This is really unbelievable.It just isn't fair,how we fall so deeply for each other and yet have to be separated in the end.Why,God?Why can't I have him?I really really love him.Why do you have to make him leave me?I shut my eyes.I'm sure Gabriel could tell I was really upset.He hugged me and patted my back,hoping to cheer me up.Even in this difficult time,I still felt warm in his arms.

"Gladys,there are times we can't have things the way we want them to be.This is just one of them.I know,we want to be with each other,but we can't.Let's accept the fact."I wanted to scream at what he said,but told myself not to.Before I even know,I mouthed,"Gabriel,I don't care.I won't give up as long as there's hope!We will still visit each other even if we're in two different countries!I won't let this fact separate the both of us!I'll be with you in the end!"As though mortified or something,Gabriel looked at me with puzzled looks and shook his head.He thinks that it is impossible?How can he be so negative?

"Gabriel,I just want to let you know.I can't give up on you.You won my heart,long ago.I want to have you forever.I love you!"He smiled,showing a tired face.We embraced each other,and watched the beautiful sunset....

No comments: